FabFilter User Forum

Subscription

Hello guys, you make fantastic plugins but a lot of people can't afford to pay the prices upfront. Why don't you guys do what waves and other big companies do and offer a monthly subscription package so we could have the whole bundle for about 15-20 bucks a month and if people stop paying you kill their license so they cannot access it.

Carlo James

Hi Carlo,

This is a request we see more and more each year. We might offer something like a rent-to-own system in the future, but at the moment it is a bit unclear when we'll be able to offer this. There's a lot of work involved for us to implement it and at the moment it is not a priority for us so it will probably be a while before it will be available. Of course, we're always happy to help out with a few evaluation extensions which will allow you to already work with our plug-ins for a few months while you have time to save up a bit of money. If that something that might help just send us an e-mail at info@fabfilter.com

Cheers,

Maarten (Fabfilter)

Rent-to-own is fine. Subscription is also fine, as long as outright purchase remains an option.

Timothy Brown

I have to admit that I hate subscriptions. If Fabfilter someday decides to do this, I hope they will consider leaving their current model in place and just add the subscription as another alternative for acquiring plugins.

Joseph Teresi
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list