FabFilter User Forum

Subscription

Hello guys, you make fantastic plugins but a lot of people can't afford to pay the prices upfront. Why don't you guys do what waves and other big companies do and offer a monthly subscription package so we could have the whole bundle for about 15-20 bucks a month and if people stop paying you kill their license so they cannot access it.

Carlo James

Hi Carlo,

This is a request we see more and more each year. We might offer something like a rent-to-own system in the future, but at the moment it is a bit unclear when we'll be able to offer this. There's a lot of work involved for us to implement it and at the moment it is not a priority for us so it will probably be a while before it will be available. Of course, we're always happy to help out with a few evaluation extensions which will allow you to already work with our plug-ins for a few months while you have time to save up a bit of money. If that something that might help just send us an e-mail at info@fabfilter.com

Cheers,

Maarten (Fabfilter)

Rent-to-own is fine. Subscription is also fine, as long as outright purchase remains an option.

Timothy Brown

I have to admit that I hate subscriptions. If Fabfilter someday decides to do this, I hope they will consider leaving their current model in place and just add the subscription as another alternative for acquiring plugins.

Joseph Teresi

Reply to this topic: