FabFilter User Forum

Feature Request

Hello,

I have a feature request.

What I really would love to see in a new update of Pro-Q is to be able to have a button in the settings allowing pro-q to be able to show side frequencies in the spectrum analyzer. Surely it would be an addition that would objectively make pro-q a better plugin.

Think about it, almost every good engineer uses a spectrum analyzer, (a lot seem to use SPAN), + every good producer/engineer seems to use Pro-Q. So it makes sense for Pro-Q to go in the direction of spectrum analyzer as long as it doesn't take away from the simplicity of the plugin at it's current state. Which I don't think it would.

Personally, I NEED to analyze the spectrum and I find it such an advantage to be able to see the sound as well as hear it, but I can't stand how complicated span is + having to use both pro-q and span at the same time.

Thanks for your time,
Thomas Fadgen

Thomas Fadgen

I'd second this, I don't think I have any tools to show me this without setting up some silent, side-only bus and throwing an analyzer on it. I'd also like to see it added in Pro-MB.

Adam D

Couldn't agree more, it's the feature I would love to be added most. I tend to use SPAN to analyze mid-sides, sometimes specifically just for sides before and after Pro Q-3 to get visual feedback for what I'm doing.

For anyone using SPAN or wanting to: from the default setting, click the little down arrow next to Routing, select Mid-Side Stereo and then select Side as the Underlay. It helps a lot! i.imgur.com/8zyJ1Xt.png

The ability to show it in the Q-3 spectrum and the effect the filtering has on it directly (like it does with only stereo right now) would be amazing.

Julian
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list