FabFilter User Forum

Feature Request

Hello,

I have a feature request.

What I really would love to see in a new update of Pro-Q is to be able to have a button in the settings allowing pro-q to be able to show side frequencies in the spectrum analyzer. Surely it would be an addition that would objectively make pro-q a better plugin.

Think about it, almost every good engineer uses a spectrum analyzer, (a lot seem to use SPAN), + every good producer/engineer seems to use Pro-Q. So it makes sense for Pro-Q to go in the direction of spectrum analyzer as long as it doesn't take away from the simplicity of the plugin at it's current state. Which I don't think it would.

Personally, I NEED to analyze the spectrum and I find it such an advantage to be able to see the sound as well as hear it, but I can't stand how complicated span is + having to use both pro-q and span at the same time.

Thanks for your time,
Thomas Fadgen

Thomas Fadgen

I'd second this, I don't think I have any tools to show me this without setting up some silent, side-only bus and throwing an analyzer on it. I'd also like to see it added in Pro-MB.

Adam D

Couldn't agree more, it's the feature I would love to be added most. I tend to use SPAN to analyze mid-sides, sometimes specifically just for sides before and after Pro Q-3 to get visual feedback for what I'm doing.

For anyone using SPAN or wanting to: from the default setting, click the little down arrow next to Routing, select Mid-Side Stereo and then select Side as the Underlay. It helps a lot! i.imgur.com/8zyJ1Xt.png

The ability to show it in the Q-3 spectrum and the effect the filtering has on it directly (like it does with only stereo right now) would be amazing.

Julian

Reply to this topic: