FabFilter User Forum

How to update your FF plugin

How do you update to a later version of a FF plugin if you redownload the app will it automatically overwrite the previous version?

Jessiah

Yes, at least that's what's been happening when I've udpated the plug-ins on Windows, and I would assume it's the case on Mac as well.

So assuming you install to the same location as before, you should have a transparent update. :)

Torben Andersen

HI guys,

Yes, you can simply download the latest installers from www.fabfilter.com/download .

If you'd like to update/install multiple plug-ins, you can use the Total Bundle installer; during the installation process you will be able to choose the plug-ins that you like to install.

Cheers,

Floris (FabFilter)

I actually didnt get any options to choose to install anything - the installer ran and finished without any choice dialogs to update my existing pro bundle. please advise

bob zopp

On Mac, the installer shows a quite subtle Customize button when you run it. Click this to check/uncheck individual plug-ins. If you don't customize your installation, all FabFilter plug-ins will be installed. Those that you don't have a license key for, will run in demo mode.

On Windows, the plugin overview is always shown during the installation process.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list