FabFilter User Forum

How to update your FF plugin

How do you update to a later version of a FF plugin if you redownload the app will it automatically overwrite the previous version?

Jessiah

Yes, at least that's what's been happening when I've udpated the plug-ins on Windows, and I would assume it's the case on Mac as well.

So assuming you install to the same location as before, you should have a transparent update. :)

Torben Andersen

HI guys,

Yes, you can simply download the latest installers from www.fabfilter.com/download .

If you'd like to update/install multiple plug-ins, you can use the Total Bundle installer; during the installation process you will be able to choose the plug-ins that you like to install.

Cheers,

Floris (FabFilter)

I actually didnt get any options to choose to install anything - the installer ran and finished without any choice dialogs to update my existing pro bundle. please advise

bob zopp

On Mac, the installer shows a quite subtle Customize button when you run it. Click this to check/uncheck individual plug-ins. If you don't customize your installation, all FabFilter plug-ins will be installed. Those that you don't have a license key for, will run in demo mode.

On Windows, the plugin overview is always shown during the installation process.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Reply to this topic: