FabFilter User Forum

Best VST for Background Strings?

Dear Anyone.

I'm writing piano and strings music, but I can't find decent strings. I want my music to sound like Yanni/John Tesh/ Richard Clayderman. In other words, lush 'New Age' style music. I know the software's out there, because they're all using it!

Can anyone suggest software to create background string sounds? It's fine if they sound a little synthey, as long as they're soft and gentle, not sharp sounding.

Yours hopefully

Christopher Burke

Christopher Burke

Assuming that you're not wanting to drop a grand or more on something like Vienna Symphonic Library strings, or perhaps $500 for EWQL Orchestra Gold, then I've found Miroslav Philharmonik to be pretty smooth sounding, and it's available in ESX, Reason, SampleTank, and Kontakt formats...if you want something that is strings *only*, then you might try Applied Acoustics Systems' String Studio...good luck!

Patrick

A different way to approach it would be GForce's Virtual String Machine.
www.gforcesoftware.com/ins_vsm.php

Larry

Just wanted to chime in that AAS String Studio is for physically modeled stringed instruments like guitars, clavs, harps, etc. It would not work for string pads, or where you need something resembling a string ensemble.

nomINill

You might find that Twin already does quite a bit of what you seek. Check out the strings/pad presets. There are some excellent Arp Solina/String machine type sounds.

Sean
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list