FabFilter User Forum

Volcano 2 AU problem.

Hi.

I have a separate AU of V2 in Live 8 and Logic 8 that is titled "mono". If I try to use the mono version in Live Suite 8.04, it refuses straight away with an error message ("not a valid plugin - failed to initialize"). If I try it in Logic 8, it does work, but most AU plugins do not require separate AU versions for mono operation, as it is usually determined by track settings in Logic. I can see that V2 is seen as 2 versions in the audio unit manager (although the actual "FF Volcano 2.component" file is a single file, as it should be). All of my other purchased plugins operate without a separate mono AU. Is there any reason for this kind of operation, and the non-functioning AU in Live8? Thanks for your time.

-Mikael

Gimpy

Hi Mikael,

We later realized that it should be possible to implement mono/stero versions as the same plug-in, but we can't change that in a bug-fix release because it would break existing songs/projects.

We'll think about improving this for future plug-ins, though. And we'll definitely make sure the mono versions works in Live as well, if possible.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi. Thanks for the quick reply.

I believe that Volcano 2 users on osx would appreciate a correctly coded AU version of the plugin. Maybe you could keep the additional mono version in installer / or as separate download for those who need backwards compatability?

I would expect such a pro-plugin to function properly according to the AU-format standard when available on osx. It is easy to replicate a preset by saving it then opening it in an new instance, so it shouldnt be much of a problem for old users/projects. I really hope you fix it. Thanks for your time.

Gimpy

Maybe you could make a correct AU/VST installer as an alternative to the one with the separate mono version?

It feels awkward having a non-functioning AU besides the working one in my AU plugin list, I'm afraid it will crash Live eventually, and I cannot use it anyhow. As the AU.component is a single file for both mono/stereo operation, there is no way to uninstall the mono only version either.

I urge you to consider fixing this soon and I thank you once again for listening!

Gimpy
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list