FabFilter User Forum

Timeless V2; Sidechain in PTLE 7.4

Can anyone help me out on this one and tell me what I'm missing.

Using PTLE 7.4 on Mac OSX 10.4 PPC G5

I simply want to use a seperate track as the sidechain signal to trigger the Envelope Generator. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Send signal from the desired sidechain signal (in this case it's a single clap hit) to buss 1, pre-fader at unity gain

2. In the Timeless plug, in the upper left hand corner, select buss 1 as the "key input".

3. In the Envelope Generator, select the side-chain symbol as the trigger device.

First off, I'm not sure which symbol is for the "side-chain" and which is for the "main input signal". The MIDI option is obvious, but not so for the side-chain, and I can't seem to find an answer in the "help menu".

Also, in the lower right hand side of the Timeless plug, where you can select between the 3 different monitoring modes, whether I select "input" or "sidechain" I only hear the input signal.

In most of my other plugs there's an additional "key symbol" or something to actually "activate" the sidechain signal. I'm just not seeing anything like this in the Timeless plug, and I can't get it to work, which leads me to believe I'm missing something real simple.

Anyone?

BTW, awsome plugin!

Ben
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list