FabFilter User Forum

Volcano in Kore 2

Hi. When I updated to Volcano 2.03, my option to choose Volcano VST disappears. I reloaded v 2.02 and the Volcano VST is available. The AU version of the plugin seems to be unaffected. Unfortunately, Kore plays much nicer with VST.

Macpro 2 x Dual 2.66, 4GB Ram, 10.5.7

Great software. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Kiseka

Kiseka

So I wound up re-installing 2.02 since the 2.03 vst option is no longer available to me in Kore.

Kiseka

Hi,

This is very odd, because we haven't made any particular changes to the Mac VST version in Volcano 2.03. We'll look into the issue though.

Do you also have this problem with the latest version of our other plug-ins, for examples Timeless 2?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

No problems with Pro-C, nor with Timeless 2. I wasn't having any problems with 2.02 so I will happily stay there since it doesn't affect my workflow.

Kiseka

Hi Frederik. haven't paid any attention to this issue in a while. Of course I forgot all about it and I updated to the latest plugins.

All the AU's crash, but I'm assuming that is because they are all 64 bit, while Kore 2 is still 32 bit.

But I use vst's most of the time and the Volcano 2 doesn't show up in Kore 2. I've located the vst in it's proper folder, but it isn't listed in Kore 2 therefore can't be used. Pro-C, Timeless2 and Micro vst's work perfectly.

I'm using Kore 2.1.0.009. This isn't the latest update, but I cant update without losing normal functionality from three major NI plugins.

Am I missing something?

kiseka

Hi Kiseka,

That is odd, because there isn't anything in Volcano 2 that should cause it to behave differently from, say Pro-C. It looks like you've been having problems since our 64-bit update.

Both the AUs and VSTs are 'universal binaries' containing both 32-bit and 64-bit plug-ins, so they should all still work.

Could you mail us crash reports and more information if possible using the contact link at the bottom of this page, so we can look into it more thoroughly?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks Frederik,

I sent a copy of the crash report to the email address listed below.

Kiseka

kiseka
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list