FabFilter User Forum

presets

i wrote one topic but looks liek it didnt show up about this case.

I am another one tht cant use anymore fabfilter,in fresh windows,xp sp3 none fabfilter plugin loads presets,showing the usual message about corrupting by other plugin etc.

I tried everything,reinstalling,downloading fresh factory presets from internet and it doesnt work and makes fabfilter plugin useless to me.

Have anyone found the way to solve it?

Fabfilter must have obvious bug/error that annoys some unlucky people :(

casper

i will add that fabfilter stuff worked on my machine earlier,on windows with xp2 ,but i dont know if thats the case.I browsed forum and looks like i am not the only one suffering.

casper

Hi Casper,

Which of our plug-ins are you referring to? Can you give an example of a factory preset that doesn't load?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Volcano and Twin

None of them loads any of provided presets.And as i pointed out,earlier they worked.Now,i tried everything (reinstalling,trying to load freshly downloaded factory presets etc) and nothing works

casper

If you are referring to Volcano 1 and Twin 1, they won't load the factory presets that are currently available on the web site since most of these are version 2 presets.

They will however work correctly with the factory presets that are provided by their own installers, of course.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I obviously had in mind Volcano 2 and twin 2

Fabfilter products have some bug,which You sir havent yet discovered or worked out,i am not the only one with this problem

casper

Hi Casper,

We are not aware of any persistent problems with our preset system. However, we'll do everything we can to help you to get things working on your computer.

Could you e-mail us using the Contact link at the bottom of this page with details about which preset is not working? Could you also send us the preset file? Then we'll be able to sort this out for you!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks for being still interested,nice to see that fabfilter cares.

BUT

as i pointed out,none preset loads.Every single preset is not loading/working.
And about being not aware of problems with it,on this forum there are earlier posts describing same proboem (i used search function).But looks like some of them worked it out by reinstalling and downloading fresh plugins.For me it did not worked.

I work on windows,with service pack 3.
I use Reaper DAW ,but in "standalone" mode presets also were not loading.
And ,as i mentioned,earlier they worked on same setup,i mean before i installed fresh windows with sp3 .Maybe problem lies somewhere with sp3?

Please check this issue bit more,because as i said ,juding on earleir posts on this forum i am not the first one with this problem,so fabfilter stuff seems to have from time to time this annoying problem,would be nice to solve it,as fabfilter plugins are one of my fav

casper

Hi Casper,

Of course, we'll investigate this problem, until we have solved it!

We have tested on XP SP3 systems, and we don't have the issue. So let's focus on the difference between our systems or the way we work. One thing comes to mind here:

Of course, to be able to open a preset file, file permissions must be correct. Could you browse to the Twin 2 preset files, right-click on one of them, check the 'Security' tab, and check if you actually have read access?

If you don't have read permission, you will indeed get the 'Preset file might be corrupt... ' message. If so, are you installing and using the plug-ins on the same (admin) account?

Thanks!

Floris (FabFilter)

right mouse button click on preset file and i have there read only option ticked.

And yes,i do use it on admin account.

I totally have no idea what can cause the problem,i mean i am not a computer newbie and i am into music software since 6-7 years and cant find logical explanation.Especially as earlier it worked perfect.

casper

Hi Casper,

We also have no idea, but we're trying to get to the bottom of this... The 'Read-only' check shouldn't be a problem I think. But could you also check the 'Security' tab and tell me what's listed there (under 'Group or user names')? That might give us a hint...

Floris (FabFilter)

Hi Casper,

Again, it would be helpful if you would e-mail us directly and attach an example of a preset file (.ffp) that won't open in Twin 2. Yes, we know that none of the presets work, so just e-mail us the first one that you can find then.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list