FabFilter User Forum

twin2 envelopes non-ergonomic

I'm finding the envelopes in Twin2 to be very non-ergonomic. The little drag points are much harder to click on and adjust than the knobs in Twin1. Any chance we'll get a simple ASDR-type envelope in Twin back?

kuniklo

I agree that the breakpoint handles are aggravatingly tiny.

A related problem is that if all the envelope times are set to their maximum values, the envelope module increases in width from approx 206 pixels to approx 476 pixels. Since the ADSHR is so familiar (or so easily learned) there's little point to the graphical display.

+1 for a compact, knob-based redesign.

PaulSC

I'm sorry to hear that! We made the graphic EG controller for Twin 2 because the EG has quite a lot of settings with delay, hold, threshold etc. We thought it wouldn't be ergonomic either to have 7 identical knobs in a row...

Personally I quite like the fact that you immediately see what kind of curve the EG will give you... also the fact that it resizes according to the length of the envelope lets you judge the length of the envelopes from the buttons in the source bar.

Perhaps we could make the control points a bit larger?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hmm, yes I see your point about the large number of knobs. Maybe larger handles is the best solution.

PaulSC

i agree with frederik, i like to see the shape.
it is however a little bit small and fiddly, especially with a high res screen, i find it quite hard to get a very accurate value by dragging (i'll check the manual to see if there is a slow-down like holding shift or something)

a slightly larger gui as an option would be nice

b

+1 for larger knobs, even if its just a slight increase in there size, it would make it a lot easier to make quick adjustments.

elxicano

We'll make the EG handles larger in a future update.

You can, by the way, fine-tune by holding down Shift while dragging a handle.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

The envelope nodes are ok, bigger would be better, what about multi-stage envelopes like in Absynth?

Deacon Strucion

I *really* like the new ADSR gui; I hope you do not revert back to the Twin 1 style (knobs). Larger control points would be helpful, as others point out. A peek at NI's massive might be very useful for getting ideas on how to improve the adsr gui a bit, since that's an area they have really nailed. But while a few tweaks here and there would be good, I hope you stay with this approach.

larry

A little peak at the Waldorf Attack envelopes (the "shape" knob) would be REALLY nice as well...

Patrik Rydberg

Would love to have shapable enveloppe curves on twin 2!!

Mehdi

Anynews on this??
pleeeeeeaaaase :)

Mehdi

As we're talking Twin 2 env, that'd great to have as well a time slider, which can go positive (rise) and negative (fall), after the sustain.
A good example is Logic's own ES2.
This feature allows for more controls on the envelopes over time.

Mehdi

We need faster envelopes , now the fastest decay stage in fabfilter is 30 ms, thats way to long for snappy sounds .
Faster envelopes please

gentle
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list