FabFilter User Forum

I'm trying to isolate a single note from a song with Pro-Q 3.

So, if you want to listen to it, the song is "I'll Be Back" from the Terminator soundtrack.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9JiuLRg1vk&t=111s

At about 1:52 into the song^ there's a ding/clang noise that repeats for a bit. It sounds like a blacksmith pounding away at a sword.

The analyzer looks to be showing that this is at "G7 - 41" (somewhere around 3096 Hz, if this means subtract 41 Hz from a G7). I think the sound is ringing out at other places on the spectrum too. I loaded the Band Pass Narrow preset and set it to 3096 Hz, and moved the Q to 40. I can still hear some of the song coming through, faintly.

How would I make a more surgical cut and isolate this sound to use later on in my music?

Can I load two presets at a time, and use two Band Pass Narrow filters? If I manually add another filter, then I can only choose from 9 filters (Bell, Low Shelf, Low Cut, etc.).

I tried messing with the Low Cut Brickwall preset. Again, I don't think I can use two of these, though. And I would need to flip the second one around anyway so that they're mirrored and acting similarly to a Band Pass Narrow filter.

Any suggestions?

JUSTIN
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list