FabFilter User Forum

FabFilter Plugins Crashing FL Studio

Using FabFilter plug-ins is consistently causing a fatal DAW error. For a long time I used the plugins with no trouble whatsoever, but a couple of weeks ago I started getting intermittent crashing errors when trying to render a project, which the message attributed to R-2. The errors started to escalate and happen at random during sessions, always traceable back to a FabFilter plugin. I've now got a project where adding a gating plugin crashes every time. This happens with every plugin format, but not in every project; adding this plugin to a completely empty project does not immediately crash.

I'm using FL Studio 24.4.1.1.3936 on Mac OS Sequoia 15.0 on a 64-bit 4-core M3 processor. My FabFilters are fully up to date; I deleted them and reinstalled to be sure. E.g. the G-2 that's causing the crash is 1.34.

Here's the crash log:

Exception:
EAccessViolation - Access violation - side thread

Callstack:
0000000359404000:00000003594D640C: FabFilter Pro-G

Modules:
FabFilter Pro-G: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/CLAP/FabFilter Pro-G.clap/Contents/MacOS/FabFilter Pro-G

gripp

Hi Gripp,

Plese note our plug-ins are not yet supported with macOS Sequioa.

Ralph (FabFilter)

Good to know, but that's not the problem. I updated to Sequoia trying to figure out the problem. It was the very last thing I did and the crashes were happening on Sonoma also.

gripp
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list