FabFilter User Forum

R2 Pro. Do you like for Atmos?

Hi
R2 has been on my template for a while. Haven`t used it much (not at all......) but today I sat of time to test it out. Im mostly doing atmos and R2 Pro is only in my Atmos template.

I was really suppressed and Im totally underwhelmed.
And I am a huge fan of pretty much everything from Fabfilter. In R2 Pro I cant find much that I like or find useful.
Main problem is how rooms/halls colapse into the stereo field. That is the reverb seam to have a longer decaytime in the stereo LR channels.....At least that's how it sound like to me. There seams to be only way to sort off compensate for this.
Cross feed, It makes the reverb sound a bit more lively and "natural"
Adding -6db to the rear and sides is not enough to compensate for the plain sounding decay. It still falls in to the LR channels.
And finally the output of R2 Pro is about 6 db les than Cinematic rooms (!) Using same effect channel, same sound and same level setting.
Its an absolut crazy difference between R2 Pro and Liquid Sonics reverbs. Im thinking Im doing something wrong......
I mean this is Fabfilter and they, as far as I experienced it, never made anting remotly anything bad...
The whole R2 Pro experience/reverb sound, reminds me of Ircam Verb, a great super interesting reverb that just sounded.....plain

I must be doing something wrong? Or maybe it is what it is? Please help me discover R2 Pros true potential.....

Matsc
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list