FabFilter User Forum

Feature request for Pro-MB2

When writing/producing entirely ITB, sometimes the drums don't need to be mixed with separate tracks, they already sound good so no need to route different parts of drums to different tracks. However I'd like to pick up different signals for external sidechain from a "drum bus" track. Setting a external sidechain to react to kick is fairly simple, but it becomes more complicated to setup snare or hi-hat, without a separate/dedicated snare or hi-hat track. So I'm wondering if some of this can be solved with peak/RMS slider on Pro-MB2's ext signal listener? I'm not sure if it would solve the problem completely, or if some AI detection algo is needed, but I think it could be interesting. I think kirchoff eq had something where you can select if it's listening to a free area or entire spectrum, and also if it's listening to peaks or rms, but I haven't tested it.

Basically, I'd like to be able to sidechain with different drum elements, without having to route stuff. AI detection algos or rms/peak slider on ext sidechain could be nice features for Pro-MB2

Sarada
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list