FabFilter User Forum

Twin 3 Failing to display correctly in Logic

In Logic it seems one cannot simply resize Fabfilter plugins by dragging a corner as in other DAWs, the resize option menus in-plugin must be used. This isn't the problem though - Twin 3 has rendered with the top and bottom cut off, and I can't resize the plugin window because the options so to do are outside the confines of the window. A

As there's no option to include a screenshot, I'll explain that it's as if the plugin is bigger than the window displaying it. The highest-up things I can see are the Chorus and Phaser knobs, everything above that is cut off and there's no size tools bottom right.

If I open a different project in Logic and try to add another Twin 3, the issue persists. I can't use Twin at all, how do I fix it?

Michael Finlay

Right I've done some diagnosing - reinstalling Twin doesn't work. Reinstalling Logic after a proper uninstall does work. So while I'd still love a less drastic solution (I'm not doing that if its happens again) it's clearly something at the Logic end in terms of how it renders plugins.

I've got a jpeg of the offending window if anyone needs it.

Michael Finlay

Hi Michael,

AU does not offer free scaling like VST3 does. That's why you can't freely drag the corner of a plug-in in Logic.

If the problem happens again, could you please enter the code below in Terminal to reset Twin 3's scaling settings?

defaults write com.fabfilter.Twin.3 ScalingAdjustments ""

Ralph (FabFilter)

Why would that be the case?

AUViewController inherits its scaling and window size properties from either NSViewController or UIViewController which ultimately inherits from NSWindowController.

To say a NeXT and macOS Cocoa Frameworks don't natively inherit a natural auto scaling is not a limitation on anyone but the 3rd party OEM not leveraging those features within AppKit and Interface Builder, all within Xcode.

Marc Driftmeyer
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list