FabFilter User Forum

Pro R2 Surround Control

Hi all,
having some difficulty getting Pro R2 to act how I want in an Atmos mix.

I basically have a stereo object that I want to add reverb to. The object is panned to come out of the L & R speakers only. I want to add reverb fed from that object into the rest of the speakers without effecting the L&R channels. I've no idea how to do that. From the metering it looks like whatever I do the reverb is always front heavy (and it sounds like it too).

Any ideas?

TIA

David Jones

Hi David,

You can do that by sending the stereo signal to a 7.1.4 instance of Pro-R 2 and panning the send halfway between the side and rear speakers. If you set the crosstalk to 0% the signal will not be sent to the reverb of the front speakers.

If you use a stereo-7.1.4 up mix version of the plug-in the stereo signal will be sent to all outputs. In that case you could set up a low or high pass filter on the front speakers only to filter out all the signal on those outputs, but this will eliminate all reverb from the front speakers, also for other sources.

You could also use the level slider in the effect tilt window at the bottom to reduce output of the front.

Ralph (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list