FabFilter User Forum

Analyser display not working

Hi,

The main window analyser display in Pro Q3 is not showing. The volume meter on the right still works. Sound is still processed when I adjust the filter settings, but there is no image of the waveform.

I have Pro MB, and that is working fine.

I am working in:
Macbook Pro i7, 2014
Big Sur 11.7.10
Ableton Live 11.3.21
Pro Q3 Au, vst3, and vst (all not working)

Any advice on how to resolve this would be great.

Gavin Grindon

Pro Q3 is version 3.25 (intel 64 bit)

Gavin Grindon

Would like to second this and expand on it. I'm seeing the same problem for (tried latest version as of 3/13/24 for all of these):
Pro-Q 3
Pro-DS
Pro-MB
Pro-R 2
Saturn 2

They appear to function but:
- Analyzer display looks like it only shows a single frame of data in the spectrum which then falls off, as if no more input going to analyzer
- Level meter just shows the level readout from the first frame of data, doesn't update either

Things I've tried:
- Restarting Ableton did not resolve
- Reinstalling plugins did not resolve
- Trying a fresh vs. existing project did not resolve

Mac Studio M2 Ultra
macOS 13.5
Ableton Live 12.0

Matthew McGoogan

Having the same problem!

Carlos Figueroa

Could you try updating to the latest Ventura 13.6.5?

Ralph (FabFilter)

No I cannot update to the latest version. Big Sur 11.7.10 is the latest OS available for the Pro i7 MacBook.

Almost a year since I first saw this basic issue reported on multiple forums by people. Has there not yet been a fix?

Gavin Grindon

Hi Gavin,

up to now all issues were fixed by installing the latest security update for macOS or the latest host update. Could you see if updating to Ableton 11.3.25 makes a difference?

Ralph (FabFilter)

I had this problem, and updating my OS from 14.3 (or earlier?) to 14.5 fixed it.

Mac Mini M2
Live 12 & Reaper 7
Mac OS 14.5 (updated from 14.3 fixed the problem)
Latest version of all the plugins

Jascha Narveson

Bumping this as I am having the same problem with Pro-L 2, Q 3, C 2, R 2, and MB. Dynamic waveform is not showing, and the volume/compression bar is frozen. UI elements such as the EQ curve can be adjusted, and the threshold in C-2 does update. I've tried disabling hardware acceleration per the support page with no luck.

Mac M1 Max Studio, MacOS 14.5, May 30 version of the FF software bundle.

Jesse Gage

To add: The plugins *do* work on a MacBook Pro M3. Both computers are running Logic 11.0.1

Jesse Gage

I'm seeing this issue as well for all Fabfilter plugins. I've tried the following:
1. deleting Fabfilter VST/VST3/Component and reinstalling the Fabfilter bundle
2. Restarting live
3. Restarting my laptop

None of the above works. Have we found a resolution?

I'm using the following versions:
1. Ableton Live 11.30.20
2. Mac OS Ventura 13

Teek M

Replying back here to say it got resolved by restarting again.

Teek M

Just posted this in a new thread because I’m seeing no spectrum analysis in any Fabfilter app, either in AUM in iOS, or running the apps standalone on an iPad. Deleting and reinstalling has no effect; nor does rebooting the iPad.

Wal

I am also seeing this problem on Ventura 13.6

Jacco Prantl

Frequent restarts of the system seem to temporarily resolve the problem.

Jacco Prantl

I have the same problem on a Macbook M1Max, running the latest version of Ableton and having reinstalled the latest versions of ProQ3 and MB.

It worked yesterday still and suddenly there is no sound being displayed in the main window anymore. I can see the signal coming in and I can hear that i can still EQ things but I do not see the sound displayed visually.

Any fixes for this? In the middle of a mixing gig and this is a problem.

robert koch

Hi Robert,

What exact OS version are you running?

Ralph (FabFilter)

Replying back again to note the problem still isn't resolved.

Same specs as first post, but tried updating to the new Pro Q3 release (v.3.26) and updated Live 11 to the latest (11.3.30). Mac OS is as up to date as it can be on this machine.

Still no visualiser in Pro Q 3.

I additionally tried it in the latest version of Audacity (no visualiser when previewing audio, but as in ableton the volume meter on the right still works).

Gavin Grindon

I am also having opening up the Pro-R in a Mac Mini with an M2 Pro chip. currently on Sonoma 14.6.1

Not recognizing the plugin and saying its an issue with rosetta

Chad McKinsey
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list