FabFilter User Forum

FabFilter's VST2 to VST3 Automatic Migration Not Working in FL Studio 21.2.3

I just updated to the latest version of FabFilter Total Bundle (Feb 5, 2024).

I tested whether the VST2 to VST3 automatic migration works in FL Studio 21.2.3 [Build 4004], by creating a blank project, then opening a VST2 instance of every FabFilter plugin and then saving the project.

Next, I updated the FabFilter Total Bundle to the latest version (installing all VST2, VST3 and CLAP versions of every plugin).

I then opened FL Studio and performed a fresh verified scan, with both the following two options enabled in the Plugin Manager:

• Combine VST and VST3 versions of a plugin
• Combine 32 and 64 bit versions of a plugin

I then tried loading the previously saved project containing FabFilter VST2 instances, but none of them automatically migrated to VST3.

Neither did they do so, after I manually deleted the VST2 .dll versions of the plugins from my device.

Note, FL Studio's Plugin Manager did not combine the VST/VST3 formats of FabFilter plugins ~ even though it does successfully combine the VST/VST3 formats for other plugins from other developers, like those from Valhalla DSP, Sonic Charge, Native Instruments, Tritik, IK Multimedia, Applied Acoustics Systems, BBE Sound, Freakshow Industries, GG Audio, SPC Plugins, Rob Papen, MusicLab, LennarDigital, Vital Audio.

I'm not sure on which end the problem currently lies ... either with the plugin developer FabFilter, the plugin host Image-Line, or perhaps both.

So I will post this same topic on both developers' forums, in the hope that either party can reach out to one another (and/or to any of the other developers mentioned above, whose plugins are successfully migrating from VST2 to VST3 in FL Studio), to hopefully offer advise or find a solution to this issue.

Thank you.

Specs:
Operating System: Windows 11 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 22631)
Processor: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F (20 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
DAW: FL Studio 21.2.3 [Build 4004]
FabFilter Total Bundle (Feb 5, 2024 Update)

NextDAW
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list