FabFilter User Forum

Problem with Hofa DDP after plugin updates

Hi,
I recently ran into a problem with Fabfilter plugins not found when inserted in the HOFA DDP program.
He can't find the plugins on older projects, although they are there and I can add them newly in the insert slots.
I figured in the past they were named differently f.e. "FabFilter Saturn 2" and after the plugin updates it is just called "Saturn 2" and so on.
I wish it would be backwards compatible. In my DAW it finds the FF plugins after the update. But in the HOFA software they are missing.

MaSk

Hi Mask,

We have removed the FabFilter prefix from the VST3 and AU plug-ins a while ago. Even though this should be no problem when recalling older projects, we did notice that sometimes projects that are created on a computer with the old version, including the FabFilter prefix, have difficulty opening on computers that never had the old versions installed, and have just used the later versions without the prefix.

A workaround would be to temporarily install the latest versions with the prefix and open the project. Then you should be able to install the newer version again and open the plug-ins with older sessions.

The latest version with the prefix is the bundle below:

www.fabfilter.com/downloads/fftotalbundle_32bit.dmg

Ralph (FabFilter)

Thanks for your reply.
Can you post a link to the latest 64 bit version and on windows, because I don't use 32 bit and Mac ?
Then I will try this

MaSk

I mean the latest with the prefix in 64 bit vst?

MaSk

I'm having trouble finding that version of the total bundle for Windows. What plug-ins exactly are you looking for? I'll see if I can provide individual installers.

Ralph (FabFilter)

Saturn 2 & Pro L (version 1)

MaSk

Could you try with Saturn 2 in the installer below:

www.fabfilter.com/downloads/fftotalbundlex64_prerename.exe

Ralph (FabFilter)

Hi, can't download it says page not found

MaSk

Sory MaSk,

The correct link is:

www.fabfilter.com/downloads/fftotalbundlex64_prerename.exe

Floris (FabFilter)