FabFilter User Forum

Loyalty prices are worse than buying new

I was debating between the Pro Bundle and Mastering Bundle, and decided to go with the Mastering Bundle on Black Friday sale, because it had the plugins I was most interested in.

After buying and using them, I decided it was worth the extra $165 or so for the Pro bundle, and logged in to upgrade...lo and behold, the "Loyalty upgrade" pricing costs me $233.32 to upgrade from Mastering to Pro, even while the store page shows them as $165 difference. It's more like a loyalty punishment!

I guess in a way I am grateful, since I already own a bunch of great reverbs and useful de-esers, and I don't really need another single-band gate.

Still, I tend to like to buy complete collections from plugin companies whose products I like. But again, the "personal upgrade offer" through the fabfilter store makes the Total Bundle a $401.93 upgrade for me, while the storefront offers the Total bundle for $345 more than the Mastering Bundle that I just bought.

I don't know that I am looking for help so much as expressing frustration. It's insulting to have to pay *more* for a bundle upgrade, than someone who never bought anything. I own a ton of plugins from Waves, UAD, Soundtoys, Valhalla, Kazrog, and others, and I never saw this thing, where upgrading becomes more expensive after you buy. Am i missing something?

Dan M

Hi Dan,

In our system, it's always better to purchase more plug-ins at once. So the Pro bundle costs less than the Mastering bundle plus the individual plug-ins that make up the difference (Pro-R 2, Pro-DS, and Pro-G). What the loyalty discount does, is giving you discount on the remaining plug-ins instead of letting you buy Pro-R 2, Pro-DS and Pro-G separately (which would be $380.25).

In a case like this, where you just purchased a bundle but would like to change your mind, you can always email us. In fact, I've just sent you a link with an offer for the remaining plug-ins for $165.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list