FabFilter User Forum

Volcano 3 - filter link

Hi!

Is there still a way to link 2 filters together to the both move and modulate at the same time?

I remember Volcano 2 had a small link button to do that but I can't find it in V3 and the manual doesn't mention anything about it. A feature that was removed in V3?

Thanks!

Sebastian H.

In Volcano 3, you should now select multiple bands and drag them together this way. You can select multiple bands with Ctrl-click or Shift-click to select a range, but the easiest way I think is to drag a rectangle around them. Just like in Pro-Q 3.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yep I see what you mean, but the filters won't stay linked together after that once I deselect them, or reopen the session later, etc. So there is no real way to truly link 2 filters together indefinitely like Volcano 2 was doing with the title link button? That's a feature not existing anymore or it's hidden?

Thanks again!

Sebastian H.

That's correct, you can't do that anymore with Volcano 3. The linking in Volcano 2 was there because you couldn't select multiple filters otherwise -- we replaced that with the (far easier in our opinion) selection system from Pro-Q.

If you want to control multiple filters with one movement, you can also hook up an XY controller to these filters and adjust them this way.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

The XY tip to control multiple filers in one movement is a fantastic idea, thanks for that!

Sebastian H.
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list