FabFilter User Forum

Pro R-2 won't run in 9.1.6 in Nuendo?

Hi

I am trying to get R-2 (version 2.01) running in full 9.1.6 in Nuendo 13, but both on 9.1.6 FX tracks or 9.1.6. group channels, it wont let me choose the 9.1.6 option - highest I can get is to 7.1.6 from the dropdown menu, while at loading it defaults to stereo.

My goal is to then send it to the Atmos renderer which I have set to 9.1.6.

Anyone got this plugin work in true 9.1.6 in Nuendo/Cubase? Or is that a known bug?

Many thanks!
Jonas

Jonas

Hi Jonas,

I just checked, and none of our plug-ins are recalled in 9.1.6 in Nuendo. I just checked VST3 in Reaper as well, and that does load 9.1.6 properly, so it must be Steinberg related. I also noticed that any format larger than 7.1.6 are in a separate folder when creating a track, maybe Steinberg does not support these plug-in formats yet.

Ralph (FabFilter)

Nuendo allows two 9.1.6 variants. The one called "9.1.6" contains Lw and Rw (wide) speakers, and the current version Pro-R 2 does not support that. Instead, create a track with the "9.1.6 ITU" format which contains Lc/Rc speakers. That is the 9.1.6 format that Pro-R 2 expects and supports.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi,

is there any chance Fabfilter will fix this with an update? because in a Dolby Atmos mix you will need the wide speakers, not the ITU norm.

So at this point the R-2 doesnt really work for Atmos? That's not cool.

Btw. I experience the same problem with the L-2 and Q3.

Thanks!
Jona

JN

Hi Jona,

When you use Pro-R 2 on a 9.1.6 ITU track it's just the labels that are different, but the processing should work just fine for Atmos.

Ralph (FabFilter)

I tried the 9.1.6 ITU and it did not work. L2 only saw 11 channels

But Nuendo Routing Matrix showed all 16

Kevin Collins

OOOPS My Bad I misunderstood the labels at the bottom being pair based.

Making an appt for the eye DR.

Working correctly for me

Kevin Collins
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list