FabFilter User Forum

Distance control in Pro R2 not working

The distance control does not appear to be working like it does in the original Pro R. No nice slow buildup when maxed out. No apparent change at all.

John Sienkiewicz

Hi John,

This parameter should work similar as in Pro-R 1. Could you send us a video that shows your issue?

Ralph (FabFilter)

No I can't. A video wouldn't help anyways because it's in the sound. Max out the distance control in the original Pro R and you get a nice slow buildup of the sound. Do the same in Pro R2 and it doesn't come anywheres near that sound. BTW I'm running the demo of Pro R2 - would that make a difference?

John Sienkiewicz

The Distance control is unaltered in Pro-R 2. It works the same as in V1. As long as you have character and thickness set to 0%, Pro-R and Pro-R 2 will cancel each other out in a null test, also when you set the distance to 100%.

Of course this will only work for the Modern style.

The demo should not make a difference.

Ralph (FabFilter)

Confirmed. Just tested that yesterday (using demo version of both) and they cancel.

Patrik Rydberg

I was using the same preset in both versions from the V1 preset folder - Big Blue Hall. Apparently that same preset comes up different in V2 with predelay, character and thickness set which isn't cool.

Thanks for the pointers.

John Sienkiewicz

Hi John,

If I load the Big Blue Hall preset in both Pro-R 2 and Pro-R 1 I get exactly the same values for Predelay, Character and Thickness (0%). Can you confirm that it produces a different result in both plug-ins?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list