FabFilter User Forum

Pro-C2 Mode Equivalents? To understand each mode better.

Hey Yall,

Looking to get a deeper understanding of Pro-C2, and I really want to dive in to the Modes and what compressors theyre based off of.

For example,
The Classic is most similar to an 1176 Compressor.
The Opto is Most Similar to an LA-2A

I'd love to have a 1:1 list of the rest of the modes! I know that Pumping and Mastering are probably unique to Pro-C2, but its just a way to wrap my head around when to use what mode and where to use each mode!

Thanks yall!

Gabriel

that is one of those trade secrets you will have to figure out…two folks that will give you the most insight that i have stepped up way out of my league to a whole diffent dimension on is dan worall and streaky mastering if u pay with attetion to their insight and advice its like buying gold tried in fire. .. ——speeddee ..—

philds0uth

Based on the attack and release behaviour, I'd say that it's likely that:
- Clean: aiming for dynamic range attenuation only.
- Classic: VCA-style.
- Punch: FET-style.
- Pumping: 'All Buttons In' 1176.

But I think the fact that we don't know, per se, is what makes the plugin interesting and why it's so is great for any sort of compression scenario.

Andrei

The release on the opto model seems to be very linear, so not very opto like. This is a bit confusing. In Plugin Doctor it seems to match the Elysia Alpha's curves quite closely.

Lucian Aeris

This might be why the manual says the release on the Opto model has a 'more linear opto style'. Whoops.

Lucian Aeris
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list