FabFilter User Forum

Spectrum area is blank on pro-l, pro-q, pro mb, and pro-c

Hello,
I have been using pro L, Q, MB, and C for quite a long time with no issues at all. A couple days ago I noticed that on all of these plug-ins where the spectrum visual is supposed to be it is blank. the plugins are all still receiving audio information as well as outputting it, and they still change the sound when I use them. However they are not very useful when I cannot see what's actually happening. I am on a Mac with an M1 chip, and I have the latest version of Ableton 11. All plugins have been uninstalled and reinstalled to assure it's the most current versions. Computer and Ableton are both up to date as well. Hoping someone has a fix for this.

Cheers

Kyle Muszynski

Hi Kyle,

We've seen some more reports on this from people using the latest Ableton version. Could you try disabling graphics acceleration?

www.fabfilter.com/support/faq#how-can-i-disable-graphics-acceleration-on-my-computer

Ralph (FabFilter)

Can confirm that I have waveforms missing in Pro-Q3 on MacOS 13.3.1 running Ableton Live 11.3.4, running Pro-Q3 3.23.

Ran "defaults write com.fabfilter.Common GraphicsAcceleration -int 0" in the terminal and restarted. Still not spectrum in the background of Pro-Q3.

Any ideas?

Luke Danielson

same problem with the same specs. so is this a fabfilter issue or Ableton ?

hamid

It appears to be an issue with the latest Ableton version. We've had a few people who rolled back not he Ableton version and the issue was not happening anymore. We're looking into it.

Ralph (FabFilter)

I posted a similar problem and just saw this post - I am seeing this on my ipad using both camelot pro and AUM.

Paul Huang

Paul, are you having the graphical issues on your iPad? Could you send us a video and your specs to info@fabfilter.com?

Ralph (FabFilter)

Yes, specifically on my iPAD. I made a screen recording, I will send it to the support email.

Paul Huang

I'm also experiencing this same issue, same hardware and DAW. I tried rolling all the way back to Live 11.1.1 but still could not see the spectrum analyzer.

Using my ears for now on the latest version of Live, but any update on this would be great. Thanks!

Scott

Just adding that I'm having the same issue of no graphical data being shown in any of the FabFilter Plugins - latest version installed. Also on an M1 ventura, although this is in Pro Tools 2023.9.0. It started showing when I updated Pro Tools, so assumed it was an issue on Avids end, but curious that other's have had the same issue in other DAWs.

Frank

Any update or workaround?

For me, the spectrum displays on one iPad using the onboard microphone and speakers, but not on another iPad using an external audio interface.

mojozart

Update: Spectrum appears now on

FabFilter Pro-Q3 3.24
iPadOS 17.3

Maybe a reboot was all that was needed

mojozart
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list