FabFilter User Forum

"Cruel" Q3 bug

Hello,

I want to report a very intense Q3 v3.22 bug:

When I enter any requency in a "point pop-up", point gain suddenly becomes +30 dB.

When I enter Q in a "point pop-up" frequency becomes minimal,10 Hz.

It's happening on REAPER 6.80 on Windows 10, both usual install and portable version.

It started happening since latest FabFilter software release. I'm still using it, because previous release could crash DAW when tabbing between "point pop-up" entry fields with piano roll enabled ,)

I hope you can reproduce it and it will get fixed "real soon now" ,)

Tomas Verbaitis

also,

if there's a way to "clear plugin state cache" or something similar, which would help me work around this issue, please explain me how to do it.

Tomas Verbaitis

Hi Tomas,

Do you happen to have piano roll enabled? Could you see if the same issue happens with piano roll disabled?

Ralph (FabFilter)

Hi Tomas,

I just tried Pro-Q 3.22 in Reaper 6.80 on Windows and could not reproduce this problem. Does it consistently happen for you? Can you email us a small video -- maybe there is something specific that causes the problem?

Cheers?

Frederik (FabFilter)

yes it does happen with piano roll enabled also:

imgur.com/a/tVwzE8O

and without piano roll:

imgur.com/a/tVwzE8O

while recording the videos I noticed it may happen on a 2nd or subsequent attempt to enter the value

to be clear: i'm using Reaper 6.80+dev0620

but the same happens on release 6.80 installed as a portable version.

Tomas Verbaitis

i posted wrong url for video w/o piano roll.

here's the right one:

imgur.com/a/PtbkknD

Tomas Verbaitis

another observation: the described behaviour does not happen when pressing <enter> after data entry.

it happens almost every time when pressing <tab> after data entry.

Tomas Verbaitis

Got it! I was pressing Enter instead of Tab. We will release an update to fix this as soon as possible. Thanks for the clear report!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list