FabFilter User Forum

Q3 Crashing Pro Tools

Getting a strange crash in Pro Tools when I open Q3 in certain sessions it beach balls and crashes. Also get it when Q3 is open and then go to open Q3 in AudioSuite also get a crash. It's not every time either so quite confusing. I contacted Pro Tools help and they said to try FabFilter. I have crash logs if that helps.

Any ideas?

Phil Lee

Hi Phil,

could you send us the crash report and your system details to info@fabfilter.com?

Ralph (FabFilter)

Hey Ralph,
I'm having the same issue.. constant crashing ProTools.. just sent you the crashing report in your mailbox.

Hope this will help.
Take care

Vladimir

VladimĂ­r Chorvatovic

Pro Q3 has been crashing my Mac recently. There is probably an incompatibility with a recently updated third-party plug. I see the issue was raised last May but there's no response...it sucks.

Lionel BOREE

I'm getting it too. on a simple session. I have only two aux channels with plugins - 1 with RX10 monitor and another dialog bus aux with Pro-Q 3, Pro-C 2 and waves L1 limiter. when I try to add another Pro-Q3 to a dialog track, it beach-balls.

Greg

Are you on the last version of Pro-Q 3? We released an update back in December, which you can download from our website.

Ralph (FabFilter)

Latest Pro Tools (on Mojave) + Latest Pro Q3 = crash when opening insert plugin

Ania

The latest version of Pro Tools is only officially supported on Monterey and Ventura. It may run on older OS versions, but there is a known issue on Mojave.

avidtech.my.salesforce-sites.com/pkb/articles/compatibility/Pro-Tools-System-Requirements

Ralph (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list