FabFilter User Forum

Pro-C2 VST3 x64 Windows 2.16 report

Crashlog from Event Viewer of Windows Admin tools.
Reaper v6.79 x64 Windows 10 Pro German.
Pro-C2 VST3 x64 version 2.16 from March 16th.

The very first time I've had consistent crashing of a Fabfilter plugin, and I don't know when it'll occur, but it has been occuring since I installed that update a few weeks ago.

Here's the log from just a few minutes ago.
stash.reaper.fm/46783/Reaper_679_FFproc2_216_crash.txt

Anthony Oetzmann

Hi Anthony,

could you see if rolling back to the previous version resolves the issue?

www.fabfilter.com/downloads/ffproc215x64.exe

Ralph (FabFilter)

This issue crops up very rarely, so this may not be a big deal. I will report any crashes that crop up with C2 if they happen.

I have disable the scrolling waveform display in all instances. In the last few days nothing has crashed. This is the way I use all my instances of C2 in my dialogue sessions. This new one was for a podcast that didn't come off a template.

I've had a few small other issues that could point to a different problem. One crash with Clarity Vx, three with ntdll.dll being the culprit and then Clarity Vx began taking up exorbant amounts of CPU(Reaper reported 1.29 cores of my 5950x). The CPU is fine. I can run full loads for hours without any heat problems. The GPU is fine as well.

Just updated the chipset drivers, will update the gfx driver and will do further tests. If anything noteworthy happens, I'll report it back here. Hopefully this was just something in my system interacting weirdly.

Waves Clarity Vx VST3 didn't work after an update a few weeks ago. A clean and reinstall fixed that, but that didn't fix Clarity Vx bugging around today.

Sorry to bother you with this. It's not serious at all right now.

Anthony Oetzmann
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list