FabFilter User Forum

PRO-L2 Auto-Reset selection as default

Finally, after 5 minutes of searching, I found the long-awaited Auto-Reset selection, but I can't save it as a default setting. How can I do it?

Ferenc Pávai

hi Ferenc,

What DAW are you using? Some DAWs load the default presets in their cache. When you change the default setting you need to restart the DAW in order for the new default to work.

Ralph (FabFilter)

Hi Ralph,
I use Cakewalk by Bandlab. This parameter doesn't being saved in the Default Setting.ffp file, or does not being read from that. Restarting the CW doesn't help.

Ferenc

Hi Ferenc,

I can reproduce this issue and it's a bug that we will fix in the next bug-fix update for Pro-L 2. For now, I do have a workaround for you.

In Finder or Windows Explorer, navigate to the Application Data folder for Pro-L 2. In Windows, this is: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\FabFilter\Pro-L 2
Mac: /Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/FabFilter\Pro-L 2. (Note: this folder is hidden by default.)

Remove the InterfaceDefaults.ffd file that is in this folder. If you now start Pro-L 2 again, probably Auto-Reset is already on. Change one of the other loudness metering parameters: the defaults will be written again but now with Auto-Reset set to on.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi Ralph,

Thanks. It works for me, but a little bit different way. First I had to switch on Auto Reset, then delete InterfaceDefaults.ffd file, and after that I had to change one of the loudness metering parameters.

Ferenc
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list