FabFilter User Forum

Q3 no side-chain icon in Cubase 12

Hello,

I am unable to see the side-chaining icon in pro Q3, while running in Cubase 12.

I can see it at the top of some other plugins, but not Q3.

Has anyone encountered this? Do I need to enable / activate it somewhere first?

Thanks,

Iain Kelso

Evidentially here is the issue:

Cubase 12 will not recognize the VST3 for pro Q3. It's installed in the correct location but it will not appear in Cubase.

Iain Kelso

Can you open the "Plug-in information" window in Cubase to see if Pro-Q 3 has been blacklisted somehow?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hi Frederik - no it does not appear on the blacklist.

Iain Kelso

Hello, look for the complement through the search engine and you will get the PROQ3 with 3 gray lines next to it. That is the plugin you should select to sidechain.

Mandel

Has anyone else experienced this issue with Cubase / fabfilter ?

Cubase does not recognize the VST3 at all.

I tried the obvious solutions - refreshing the plug-in manager, re-installing, blocklist, etc. - before posting here.

Thanks.

Iain Kelso

First of all: you're probably aware that the VST3 version should appear in the EQ section, unlike the VST2 version. If Pro-Q 3 doesn't appear there, what you can try is the following:

• Completely uninstall Pro-Q 3 from your system. Verify that there is no Pro-Q 3 plugin in your VST3 folder anymore. (See here for more information: www.fabfilter.com/help/pro-q/support/manualinstallation)
  • Now start Cubase so it can rescan plugins and realize that Pro-Q 3 is no longer there. Close it again.
  • Reinstall Pro-Q 3.
  • Start Cubase again: hopefully it will now pick up the new install.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list