FabFilter User Forum

Twin 3 - Modulation Section - UI Improvements

Overall, I'm really enjoying many of the features and improvements implemented for Twin 3.

However, I am finding that when using many modulation sources simultaneously, that these can become slower to access and navigate than was previously the case in Twin 2.

The main issue I have regarding the new modulation section is firstly, how each modulation source automatically collapses (by default) and so each must be clicked to first open up, before being able to access its parameters.

And the second issue is, that the scroll bar for navigating through additional modulation sources, is also rather smaller and less accessible than previously in Twin 2 (especially, when using a mouse).

Would it be possible to add two QoL options to help mitigate these issues and make Twin 3 more accessible for mouse users (since presently, it seems like this may be more optimised for use with touchscreen devices).

Please consider adding:

1. An option to "expand all" modulation source panels (by default) similar to the default behaviour of Twin 2. (perhaps, a global user toggle/setting?)

2. Improve either the size/location/accessibility of the current modulation section's 'scroll bar', so that it is easier to use with a mouse, like it was for Twin 2 (due to it's current placement/size it can often be difficult to select).

I feel these small but important tweaks would really help make using Twin 3 even more efficient and enjoyable for many users.

Thank you.

Edward

I really like the fact that, unlike Twin2, you are not forced to constantly scroll the Modulators section. That said, it would be great to have a "pin open" option per modulator. (And it would be great in all the V3:s)

Patrik Rydberg

Note that you can use the mouse wheel to scroll horizontally (on Windows, if you only have a vertical scroll wheel, hold down Ctrl+Shift to scroll horizontally). Also, you can drag the background left and right in the source area to scroll.

We'll think about a "pin" option!

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list