FabFilter User Forum

Standard Plugin Active Band Parameters in Pro Q3

Hello,
I wanna suggest a feature for controller mapping.

Actually, the midi learn function is not working in Studio one.
It's not working because the way to assign a controller to a parameter in Studio One don't let pass midi informations until you assign it but Pro Q need a midi CC number to make the parameter visible (not easy to explain).

By the way the assign system of studio one is very efficiant for standard plugins parameters :
- You move a parameter in the plugin
- The parameter appear in the assign bar
- You touch your knob
- The knob appear in the assign bar
- You pair knob and parameter
- Thats it (simple)

for example I have no problem to assign the frequency of the band 1 to a knob
My problem is for assign the Active Band Parameters because I can't move a active band parameters but only band specific one.

Can we have in parallel of the midi learn system some standard plugin parameters for the active band (active band frequency, active band Q, etc...) and a way the move it.
It should let surface controllers to write a real name instead of a midi CC one...

thanks,
Nico

nicolas Guillabert

Hi Nicolas,

That's an interesting idea and we'll think about it. However, you can also use the MIDI Learn feature in Pro-Q 3 in Studio One. Just create a MIDI track and route it to Pro-Q 3, so it will receive "raw" MIDI input from that track.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hello,
Thanks for this advice even if it's not really integrate in the studio one workflow.

I successful linked active band params with my controller pots (with some hacks), but the midi resolution is far from ideal... I have to stop and restart moving because the range of midi is to short for control params correctly (NB. with standard plugins params ex. "band 1 frequency", the param react perfectly with my controller).

So for now, it's not usable, I'll wait and hope for an update :)
regards,
Nico

nicolas Guillabert
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list