FabFilter User Forum

Occasional Beach Ball when Interacting with Fabfilter UI

Seems like a few others have reported a similar problem. I'll occasionally get a spinning beach ball when interacting with many of the FabFilter UIs. I use Pro-Q extensively.

I generally keep up to date with the latest...

I'm on a Mac Studio
Apple M1 Ultra
64GB Ram
Ventura 13.1
Logic Pro X 10.7.6

I have the full bundle but I use Pro-MB and Pro-Q the most when using it...

Currently those versions are...
Pro-Q 3.2.1
Pro-MB 1.2.6

It seems like maybe it's compounded if I have a LOT of Fabfilter plugin windows open at once. I do a lot of solo'ing of bands with Pro-MB while balancing channels/instruments within those bands using Pro-Q so it's pretty disruptive to my workflow.

Sometimes it'll change for 5 seconds. Somethings I give up after a few minutes and force quit and restore the auto-saved version.

Any tips to alleviate this is appreciate. Beyond the being disruptive, it's embarrassing when it happens with clients in the room.

Tyler Love

Hi Tyler,

Please note that even though our plug-ins are not very CPU intensive by default, having a lot of windows with their analyzers open can really load your GPU. You could try disabling graphics acceleration (www.fabfilter.com/support/faq#how-can-i-disable-graphics-acceleration-on-my-computer) but it could be there are just too many windows open.

Ralph (FabFilter)

This also happens with 1 or 2 windows open frequently.

Is this not treated as a bug or known issue?

Tyler Love

Hi Tyler,

We have not been able to reproduce the issue here on our M1 Mac. Could you send us a small video of your issue to info@fabfilter.com?

Ralph (FabFilter)

If this happens again, open Activity Monitor, select your DAW in the list of processes, then click View > Run Spindump while you get the spinning beachball. Send the resulting log to us via email and we can examine what's going on.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list