FabFilter User Forum

Can I use older versions of Pro-Q and Saturn with an educational license?

Hi all,

I went to legacy downloads and downloaded Pro-Q v1.23 and Saturn 1.24 just to try them out. I know newer versions have much better features and performance but for some reason, I always like to try older versions of software.

Here's the problem: When I open Pro-Q v.123 in my DAW, it asks for a license key, and when I put in my license key, it doesn't work. I figured removing the 3 from "Product: Pro-Q 3;" in the first line of the license key would help, and it did! It says your license key will be verified the next time you open your host. I restart my DAW and load Pro-Q v1.23 again, but it asks for a license key again. This is just a repeat of asking for my license key. I guess it didn't verify the key. How can I fix it?

Jake Trombley

Your account automatically offers you a license key for earlier versions of plug-ins that you own. First log into your account: www.fabfilter.com/myaccount

Click 'View license key' next to your most recent order for a plug-in, e.g. Pro-Q 3. Then, click on 'View license keys for earlier versions' in the top-right corner of the page. The license keys for earlier versions will now be displayed.

You can download all earlier plug-in versions here:
www.fabfilter.com/support/downloads

Ralph (FabFilter)

Ah! Thank you! :)

Jake Trombley
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list