FabFilter User Forum

Windows and MacOs increasingly less suitable for professional audio. What about Linux ?

I am not the only pro studio owner who painfully realises that Windows and Mac os are not the best choice as os base for audio DAW´s. The constant change of an operating system in the background is a constant source of possible problems. Especially windows is getting worse over the years, rebooting and installing updates become less controllable from year to year. Mac Os is a bit less pushy, but with every update there´s a chance it may render your perfectly working hardware useles because its no longer supported.
Linux is without any doubt the choice when stability and predictability counts. Basically all financial transactions in this world, company databases, supercomputers, etc etc are based 99% on linux systems. But we as audio professionals are stuck with mediocre operating systems that more and more develop their own agenda.
Please Fabfilter team, your software is my number one choice i would take to a desert island. If you develop a linux version, i will definitely pay for the update. It would make the switch reasonable for me.

Arno Jordan

The FabFilter plugins work perfect in Linux when you use wine and Yabridge. I use Arch Linux and Reaper and use the FabFilter plugis all the time. No problems at all.

Andreas Stueger

Linux is the last operating system to talk about predictability, stability and more. Unless you're using an old distribution it is a constantly broken platform; hence the Experimental, Unstable, Stable, Obsolete naming nomenclature from Debian, Red Hat, SuSe, etc.

Marc

I don´t want to offend you in any way, but either you don´t know what you are talking about, or yo have never used Linux. Hm, I guess both.

Andreas Stueger
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list