FabFilter User Forum

An idea for Fabfilter

Hi Ralph and Frederik, I'm writing to suggest an idea (not sure if it will be useful) because I can't find an alternative and the product is discontinued.

I'm talking about Image-Line's Edison -> www.image-line.com/fl-studio-learning/fl-studio-online-manual/html/plugins/Edison.htm

While many don't understand why this is useful (since DAW's already have audio capabilities), I find this plugin instrumental for experimenting, recording and drag and dropping in between effect chains, etc.

But what is also really interesting is the quality of the waveform render which is very pleasing to the eye which makes me use it as an oscilloscope all the time too. That's where I thought of FabFilter graphics and thought this could be something you may be interested since there's no alternative on the market, none at all.

Hope you find this interesting, cheers!

milanesa

AFAIk Edison is not discontinued. I think they are even working on a new denoiser or de-clipper algorithm in Edison ... not 100% sure, though.

In case you are using Reaper: Regarding quickly recording, dragging and dropping audio inside the DAW, there is a quite cool script:

forums.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=260576

Global Sampler is it called. It constantly records Reapers output, which you then can drag from its bar to create new audio from. It's not my workflow, but it sure can get handy for some peoples workflows. (-;

Manuel Senfft

As a VST is discontinued AFAIK, and I'm using ableton/bitwig. I believe IL dropped support for many of their VST plugins and no one has made a proper VST audio editor/sampler in that style.

milanesa
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list