FabFilter User Forum

Unusable in Nuendo due to bugs

Pro Q3 is unusable in Nuendo 11. Either the Filter doesn't work at all on Mono tracks (even when stereo tracks go into a mono group) And when it works the plugin raises the volume of the track by 6?db.
That is really unacceptable for a professional plugin.

Also I tried to install the VST3 plugin version but everytime I tried Nuendo only shows the VST2.4 version.
Haven't found any solution on this topic. Anyone else can help here?

Nic

Hi Nic,

There is a routing bug in Cubase/Nuendo with the mono VST2 version of Pro-Q 3. Basically besides the signal passing through the plug-in, the signal is routed straight from the input to the output as well. This will result in the 6dB boost you're described, and the fact that all EQ moves you make in Pro-Q 3 are happening like the mix would be set to 50% wet. We have notified Steinberg of this issue a few times, but they have not resolved the issue yet.

We suggest using the VST3 version instead. Please note that the VST3 version of our plug-ins do not include the FabFilter prefix like the VST2 versions do. So where the VST2 version is called "FabFilter Pro-Q 3" the VST3 version is simply called "Pro-Q 3". This may be the reason you cannot find the VST3 version in your DAW, for instance if you are looking for plug-ins under the "F".

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Ralph Verdult (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list