FabFilter User Forum

Pro Q (possibly Volcano) - harmonic filters

Hi guys,

Firstly, I am a daily user of your plugins and own at least half of the suite. Thanks so much for doiung what you do.

There's something I'd love to see in a future version of Pro Q if it's possible though, which would save me a lot of time and no doubt others too.

I'd love to see a harmonics setting, so for example you add/remove a peak at 1khz, I'd like to be bale to switch into harmonic mode and also make the same boost/cut at 2khz, 4khz, 8khz etc.. preferably with an added parameter to dial in the roll off of these harmonics so you can go from equal volume across all harmonics, to XdB per octave roll off.

This would be particular helpful for drums for example, where you really need to either tame or emphasise the ring on a snare. Or a synth part which has a particular resonance that needs taming as these usally contain a lot of harmonic info and not just the fundamental peak.

This would work in either Pro Q (preferable) or Volcano.

Just a feture request but it's something I often require and end up spending ages doing manually.

Cheers

Ben Kei

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your inquiry. This is a requests we've seen before. For now, we always advise people to use Surfer EQ as this is an equalizer specifically designed for this task. Have you tried Surfer EQ?

I don't think we'll offer this feature any time soon as it has to come with a lot of bells and whistles. Pro-Q 3 is already pretty packed with features and keeping the interface clean is already quite a challenge as is. Perhaps when there are a lot of requests we'll reconsider implementing something like this.

Hope you understand!

Cheers,

Maarten

Maarten (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list