FabFilter User Forum

Fab Filter Resetting to 'Modern' default when jumping to different part of track

I am currently evaluating Fab Filter and finding that if I adjust the settings to taste and then stop/start playback and jump to a different part of the track the Fab Filter settings revert to the 'Modern' default settings. I've tried quite a few things to get them to stay, and have had no luck. Currently using with Audacity.

Centurymantra

It sounds like the style has been automated. It's possible that your track was still in write mode when you adjusted the settings. Could you try and disable or remove all automation for Pro-L 2?

Ralph Verdult (FabFilter)

I've played around with this a bit and haven't quite figured out the issue, but am pretty confident that I will work it out with some self-education. I am planning on making a purchase after the evaluation, but did have one more question.

Initially, I will be using this to apply to a bunch of analog media transfers. I will not be looking to win a loudness war. Just transparent limiting/overall volume boost. I need to experiment with the plug-in, but wondering if you can give me a tip regarding a good starting point for this goal.

Centurymantra

I'll second this issue. Here's what it looks like...

1) I play a track in audacity with the plugin launched (for instance, the DS)

2) I can dial in the settings to perfection. It's lovely!

3) I stop the playback

4) I hit play (or preview or play-at-speed or whatever you like, whether through keyboard shortcut, buttons on the plugin, or buttons on the main audacity window) and all the settings go back to whatever you have programmed as the factory presets for default, regardless of what i actually have saved in the default. (note, it doesn't overwrite what i have in default, it just ignores it in favor of whatever you have as the factory presets for default)

5) It's also interesting that if I have loaded your pre-defined preset (such as Vocal De-essing for Music) and I hit play - the preset label will stay as "Vocal De-essing for Music" BUT the settings all go back to your factory presets for default.

7) It's a real PITA to lose the settings every time I hit play. Fatal flaw...for audacity at least.

8) It DOESN'T happen with Q3.

9) it DOES do it for DS, MB, L3, and G.

10) Yah, yah. I know, Audacity is lightweight destructive editor BUT that's the point - super fast and easy and Fabfilter plugins extends its viabiltity and use. Help a chump out, yah?

tttom
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list