FabFilter User Forum

FabFilter not installing on Mac

Hello,

I have been trying to install FabFilter Pro-Q 3 with the installer ffproq321.dmg

The system says the installation was successful but it doesn't appear under plugins on Ableton. It's also nowhere to be found in my Audio VST's folder.

My computer is a 2020 13" Macbook Pro with an Intel Chip. I am running Ableton 11.

I already tried restarting my computer but that didn't help. Can you please help me?

Daniel Danielson

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your interest in our plug-ins.

Have you tried rescanning your plug-ins in Ableton from the preference menu? You can can the rescan function under "Live->Preferences->Plug-ins".

Please let us know if that helps.

Maarten (FabFilter)

Also worth checking where Live is looking for its plugins. If I recall correctly, Fabfilter's VST's are in (~/Library/Audio/Plugins/VST) but there's also one in your home (~/users/NAME/Library/Audio/Plugins/VST). If Live is looking in the latter, and you are looking there, then there's a fair chance it won't work :)

Bram

I experience same issues M1 + Live 11.1.5 see plugin present in system folder but also copy them in custom folder, perform force rescan as well but not appearing with rest of my plugins

Lex Ry
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list