FabFilter User Forum

After Update all Plugins make everthing louder BUG

Hey guys, I just updated my ProQ3, PRo R and Pro C2. After the update I have a total desaster. Every Plugin causes the track to be much louder than before even in bypass mode it still has this gain boost. Since ProQ is on all my mixes I have a total crash down of all my projects. Please help!!!!!!!

I am working on a pro Windows audio computer with the latest version of cubase.

Already wrote on instagram and to the support but no answer. where can I find the older Version? So i can at least recall my system to get my mixes back.

Fabian Lang

I now reinstalled everthing again with the "all plugins bundle". but the only thing that has changed is that PRo R is now working fine without a gain boost but PRO C and Q still have this terrible boost in volume in bypass mode.

Fabian Lang

Could it be you are using the VST2 version on a mono track in Cubase? There is a routing issue when using the mono VST2 version in Cubase, where a parallel signal will be router straight from the input to the output of the plug-in. This results in a doubling of the volume like you are experiencing.

This is a routing issue of Cubase, unfortunately there is nothing we as plug-in makers can do about that. We've been in touch with Steinberg about thus, but they have not fixed the issue. Please note that this only occurs with the VST2 version, which will be discontinued as a format by Steinberg shortly anyway. We suggest using the VST3 version instead, which does not have this issue. This issue is not limited to the latest version though, it has been an implementation issue from Steinberg since quite a while.

You can recognize the VST3 version by the /// symbol to the right of the plug-in name. Please note that the VST3 version does not have the FabFilter prefix, and is simply called Pro-Q 3, where the VST2 version is called FabFilter Pro-Q 3.

Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list