FabFilter User Forum

Resizable GUI's for all Plugins PLZ!!!!!!

Hi guys,
i updated all my plugins and have nearly all your plugins but i miss still PRO L, DS, G etc. to have resizable guis like Volcano 3 etc. where you can just resize it also with your mouse :)

thx

Robby22

Hi Robby,

Some of the plug-ins that are slightly older indeed do not yet have resizable GUI's. When those plug-ins are ready for a major update we'll include resizing options for those as well.

Ralph Verdult (FabFilter)

+1

but please make it freely resizable like Valhalla does it. So much better than the unflexible predefined sizes..

Markus

I'd just like to second this request - while the GUI does get bigger, the text and knobs do not, so the bigger GUI is not really that helpful in something like Pro L2.

I'm demoing ProQ3 and the writing is all too small when I sit behind faders and a keyboard (on old school ACD 30").

Please implement proper, scalable GUIs where the text and controls are bigger, too!

Thanks,

Ed

Eddie Al-Shakarchi

Hi Ed,

Our philosophy is that the size of UI elements in our interfaces should match the size of all other UI elements in the OS and in your DAW. Therefore we respect the display scaling factor set in Windows (on Mac this works automatically). In our opinion, resizing the interface should provide more workspace, not just enlarge everything.

However, we get that some people would like the option to enlarge the interface and we're looking into adding that in the future as a scaling/resizing option.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

That's good to know.

I use a 1440p 16:9 25inch display at an arm's length and the text size in FF plugins is tiny. I don't use any scaling in Windows or in the DAW but I like to set plugins at 125%.

Brano

Same situation as Brano has, 125% would be great.

Orestes

Good news: we are working on adding more flexible scaling to our plugins.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Great news!
Looking forward to the next updates.

Billy

Great news!

Orestes

Yes, I definitely support adding the ability to 'scale' and not just 'resize' the windows for Fabfilter plugins.

To me, 'scaling' would allow users to change the size (or rather, 'scale') of the entire plugin, including the text. This is highly beneficial to the end user. Especially, to those with using higher display resolutions, or to those users within vision impairments.

Resizing the windows (as Fabfilter plugins currently support), is a nice option to have for sure. But ultimately, is far less beneficial to such users.

Edward
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list