FabFilter User Forum

(Random ?) Different sizes when loading into my Project

Hey friends,

in December I finally got myself the Pro Bundle and am enjoy- and exploring my new Fabfliters since then.

I lately found that when loading in a Fabfilter into my Cubase 11 Pro they always seem to load in random different sizes... I would prefer them to be always in Large or Very Large but they are mostly some kind of flexible 50% of my full screen or sth in between.... so I always have to resize them first... (Workflow Killer :-D)

Is there anything that I have to pre-Set somewhere ?

My system is a i9 , 12x4,7 Ghz, 64 GB RAM, Win 10 Desktop machine

Thanks & Best regards from Germany,
Julian

Julian Michel

Hi Julian,

The last used instance of a plug-in should be the default for all other instances after you closed your DAW. So when you have the last Pro-Q 3 set to Large, and close the session, any additional Pro-Q 3s you open in other sessions will also have this size.

Ralph Verdult (FabFilter)

Hy Ralph,

Thank you for your reply - I have worked on a new Project yesterday (only with the Pro Q-3 by now) and from the beginning all Fabfilters start in Custom Size (which is a bit more than Extra Large in this case)... even after setting the first to Large the next ones on new Tracks started in Custom Size again.... and the strange thing is - in older projects they sometimes start in Custom Sizes that I have never used or set - like so big that I don't see the "Size" Button on the right corner... I use them as VST3 if I remember correctly :)

Julian Michel

Hi Julian,

Have you started expieriencing this with Cubase 11? Maybe Cubase started to store some size settings in their project as well lately, we'll have to get into that.

Ralph Verdult (FabFilter)

If you are using 125% scaling in Windows, this is a known problem and we're working together with Steinberg to fix this in the next Cubase release.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Hy Ralph & Frederik :)

Yes - it's in Cubase 11 Pro

@Frederik : you are right - I need to use 125% on my 35" Curved because 100% is too small :)

Thanks for your help !!!!

Best,

Julian Michel

NEWS

I just did that Cubase Update from 11 Pro to 12 Pro and you were right - it seems that the Fabfilters now load in again like the previous one that has been used... :) I mainly did the Update due to this reason and it seems that you have optimized it for users with 125% scaling :)

Thanks again !!!!

Julian Michel
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list