FabFilter User Forum

Please port Legacy Plugins to M1 / Apple Silicon

Posting here to advocate for porting legacy plugins to M1 / Apple Silicon, so they will continue to work in the future.

I don't know about you, but I have hundreds of sessions with Pro-Q2 in them, for instance, many of which I'd like to be able to open in ten years and have the presets and automation intact.

In fact, occasionally I still use Pro-Q2 as its CPU load is slightly lower, and when using many hundreds of instances it makes a difference; while sounding as good as ever.

Thanks for your consideration.

-jeremiah

Jeremiah Moore

Hi Jeremiah,

We did port many of our legacy plug-ins to M1! You can download them here (e.g. Pro-Q 2.22):
www.fabfilter.com/support/downloads

By the way, to the best of my knowledge, Pro-Q 3 should be equally efficient as Pro-Q 2 -- we didn't change anything that would cause a significantly higher CPU usage.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

Excellent news! (About to go M1 here, so seeking info but can't verify myself)... Curious if there's a change note viewable anywhere....

Hoping Volcano has made it as well; seems likely given the update dates.

Jeremiah Moore

Very happy to see this. I try to stick with companies that support updates for all released plugins so I can reliably recall mixes up to 10 years out. I purposely do not purchase from companies that add a number and drop updating older products for this reason (can I say Iz products for example) Proq2 is on every mix Ive created (300 songs a year) for at least 7 years _ I am trying to only use ProQ3 going forward, but too late for those already turned in. This commitment will encourage me to buy and use more of your products. Silcone here I come ...

Ainslie Grosser
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list