FabFilter User Forum

Pro L 2: -30 dB output / Not saving settings

Hi FF,

I've been having some issues specifically with the Pro L 2 always being at -30dB output when I load up a new instance, and it seems to be resetting the limiter to a 'default' state with that -30dB output, and the dials all turned to the far left every time I load up a saved project. As if it is not saving the work I've done when using the Pro L 2.

The other FF's seem to be fine, Q & C at least. Haven't tried out the MB in this particular project.

I'm currently running this through Ableton Live 11.1 and am using a M1 Mac Mini.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Michael Figge

Can it be that the project is emitting a MIDI program change, or a set of MIDI controller messages that trigger this change?

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)

I don't believe so, as I am using it to master an audio file, so there is no MIDI nor MIDI devices in the project. I will double check all of that and get back to you.

Michael Figge

Hey, I did some tests, and it appears that it is the VST version of the Pro L 2 that was doing it. When using the AU or VST3 versions, It doesn't happen. So just a heads up for others.

Michael Figge

Frederik, you can test L2 on M1 processor with Ableton?

Sabit Sugirov

There was a bug in Ableton 11.1 with recalling the settings of some VST2 plug-ins. Ableton has found a fix and released a beta. Please find the installer below and let us know if this resolves the issue:

ableton.centercode.com/project/version/default.html?cap=e9f24aff-a2c3-4675-919d-c9ebf2c3611d&arttypeid=2f3d3e5d-ac0c-43d7-b973-44f698b9122b

Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

Ralph (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list