FabFilter User Forum

Mac OS Monterey on M1 Pro Max Chip

Hi,

I just wanted to post and ask if anyone has been using FabFilter on Apple's new products. I would like to purchase the total bundle as soon as I can but I would rather not get it if it isn't compatible yet.

Running 2 diff computers, one with compatibilty and now the new 14" Macbook Pro m1 Pro Max Chip with 64 gigs ram

Cheers

Nivash J

I mean i run fabfilter on Monterey but 2020 M1 Mac (13” Pro) and it runs absolutely flawlessly.
Since its the same architecture and basically the same chip i see no reason it wouldn’t run on an M1 Pro/Max

Ploki

Hi Nivash,

The new M1 chips, Pro and Max, basically use the same architecture as the M1 release back in 2020. We have already released an update for all our plug-ins in December 2020 with native M1 support, which will also work on the new M1 Pro and Max chips.

Regarding Monterey, the plug-ins work just fine. There is one small issue with loading the help files on Monterey, but this will be addressed in an upcoming general update.

Cheers,

Is EQ3 also approved for the upcoming M1 Ultra?

Neil Benezra

All our plug-ins are compatible with all M1-type processors. (Except discontinued plug-in versions listed here: www.fabfilter.com/support/downloads .)

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter)
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list