FabFilter User Forum

Where are the presets (Logic)

Hi there
I haven't used my Fab Filter stuff enough but I decided to give it a go now which made me realise that there are no presets installed.
Where should I look for these. I'm on Logic 10.7 and Big Sur

All the best
Henrik

Henrik Krogh

I have the same issue. Fresh install on iMac M1 with Monterey. No FabFilter preset folder in either the user or system library.

Matt Avall

Normally, a FabFilter plug-in will install its factory presets automatically when you run it for the first time. If the plug-in has failed to do so, and you only see an empty preset menu, please check the following:

First of all, open the plug-in in your DAW, click on the (empty) preset menu button and choose Options > Restore Factory Presets.

If this doesn't work, there is probably a permissions issue that prevents the plug-in from installing the factory presets. Open Finder and navigate to the /Users/<your user name>/Library/Audio folder, select the Presets folder and press Cmd+I. In the Sharing & Permissions section at the bottom, make sure you have 'Read & Write' permissions.

After you've corrected the permissions, open the plug-in again and choose Options > Restore Factory Presets again if needed. All presets should now be available.

Since OS X 10.7 (Lion), the user Library folder is marked as hidden by default. To make it visible again in Finder, open Terminal (found in /Applications/Utilities) and enter: chflags nohidden ~/Library

If after this the presets still do not appear, you can install them manually. You can download them here:

www.fabfilter.com/downloads/support/factorypresets.zip

After downloading, please unzip and move them to the following folder:

Mac: User/Library/Audio/Presets/FabFilter/
Windows: My Documents\FabFilter\

If there is no such folder in the above location, please create one manually. Please note the 2 capital F's in FabFilter.

After this, reopen your DAW and they should appear in your plug-in.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Ralph Verdult

Restoring factory presets even after making sure i had read/write enabled did not work.

Downloading and adding the FabFilter folder in my presets did.

Thanking you Ralph!

Morgan Jones
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list