FabFilter User Forum

Latency in Logic Pro after closing project and re-opening (after using FF)

I am getting the strangest behavior when using FabFilter in Logic Pro. I am on a MacBook Air M1 and when first creating a project (recording bluegrass demo songs) and then applying a few FF plugins to tracks everything works great.

I am able to record the different parts (instruments and vocals) and apply FF plugins to them and everything is in sync when recording, monitoring, playing back.

However, when I come back the next day and re-open Logic Pro and my project and then try to record again I get some delay between what I’m hearing in my monitoring headphones.

At first I thought it was maybe the CPU getting bogged down somehow. I even disabled (turned off) the FF plugins (and all plugins) thinking some extra processing is causing it. That didn’t work.

What finally did work is by removing all plugins from all of the tracks (by selecting the effect drop down and selecting “No plug in”). Once I did this I was able to have zero latency for recording additional comps & tracks.

Is there something I’m doing wrong? Some setting I need to enable/check in Logic or in my project settings to prevent this from happening? Everything seems to work fine when I’m first using the plugins in the project and it only goes weird after closing the project & Logic and coming back to it later.

I also thought it might be that I was trying to run off of battery power but plugging in my power adapter didn’t help.

I’m using the MOTU M4 for a recording & playback interface.

Boyd Timothy

Hi Boyd Timothy,

I believe we have also been in touch over email. Did you try to enable low latency monitoring? Some of our plug-ins can introduce some latency at certain settings.

Cheers,

Ralph Verdult

Yup. Turning on Low Latency for recording did the trick. Thank you for your help!

Boyd Timothy
Reply to this topic Go to the forum topic list